Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Do I Dare to Trolley?


The Ultimate Grey Haired Shopping Solution



So today my skip of a car finally reached the tipping point where it would cost more to repair than it is worth.  It's deady dead dead.  I'm letting go.

This means I am wonderfully car free.  I've done 8 months with a newborn before with no car but what I had then, for shopping purposes, was a baby buggy.  I could cram at least 4 shopping bags under that beast and it's a good half a mile walk to the supermarket.

Shop online!  I hear you shout.  Well yes, but sometimes you just want to nip out, don't you?  So I've been thinking about gettting...

A SHOPPING TROLLEY.

Now, you know I'm grey, so I'm a little trepidicious about it.  I asked my 8 year old Jacob.   This is what he said:

'No.  You would look old and weird.  I will NOT be seen out in public with you if you get one!'  My 14 year old concurs.

Fairly clear on that then.   But then I thought, ooh, what if I got one that was, you know, COOL.  

Well there aren't any.

Still determined to make this work, I thought, hmmm, in the spirit of punk, I could customise one.  Here are my preferred Cool Trolleys:


Bit of a classic.  But it does rather put me in the Baby Boomer age bracket.

Needs work...


It's election year in 2015 here in the UK - why not make a political statement?  No?


A clear sub-culture statement I think.  I could adorn it with a bit of studd work or maybe some barbed wire to assist getting to the cheese counter in Sainsburys with less resistance.  

My particular favourite, especially if I could rig it up so red lasers do shine from the eyes for low light conditions.

I have yet to consult the husband.  I'm not optimistic, I have to say.  Maybe, he'll buy me a new car just to stop it happening.  Now there's a thought!

Lastly, perhaps I should take some inspiration from these people:

Granny Turismo - they rock!

http://www.coventgardenentertainment.co.uk/walkabout/granny-turismo-walkabout-act/

Would love to know if any of you would dare to trolley...


2 comments:

  1. One such treatment is using hair colors and dyes. But some of these treatments are harsh on hair and you might want to choose for other Natural Remedies for Gray Hair Treatment. Here’s how to get rid of grey hair naturally and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like coffee tea is a Natural Treatment for Gray Hair, black tea can help you go darker, and can also help cover gray hairs. If you have lighter hair, however, there are other types of tea you can use. Chamomile, for instance, is suggested for blondes, while rooibos may work for redheads.

    ReplyDelete