Tuesday, 7 February 2017

I ruined my hair - but I had a reason.

Confession: I ruined my precious silver hair in one impulsive moment, and you'll get it.  At least I hope you will.

I took my family plus my eldest son's girlfriend on holiday to Brittany in France last summer.


It was a six hour drive to Dinard, but we made light work of it and had a laugh in the VW we hired.



We headed straight to the beach the next morning.  These are photos from that morning in France - before it all went to crap.

I was sitting in my deckchair, toes dug into the warm sand, watching my two youngest sons digging a sandcastle, when I saw my eldest son's girlfriend running towards me up the beach with my mobile phone.

Turns out my mum had fallen head first down her steep stairs and sustained such a massive head injury she was being sent to Intensive Care at King's College Hospital, London.

People, ie, me, react in funny ways to this sort of news.  I wasn't immediately upset, but I was a bit cross - how dare she do this on my first day of my holiday??  We'd driven SIX HOURS to get there.  Until I really realised she might actually die.  First reality check: my Dad saying in his sweet scottish accent 'She won't wake up, Al'.  Second reality check: my husband Marc telling me 'Nurses say you need to get there fast, or you might not see her again'.


I couldn't get a flight until the next afternoon, so we took the family to St. Malo.  It's beautiful, but I'm not sure I'll ever go there again.  I wasn't in a rational state, although I thought I was..  Sometimes a photo speaks louder than words.  This was taken that day by my son's girlfriend, Georgia.  Sneaky pixie took it when I wasn't looking.



G suggested she took these pics of us together.  It was a bit of a disaster, but they made me laugh so much.  Each of those boys, unbeknown to me were in shock at their Grandma's terrible violent accident.

I'm not sure how I managed to get through that night before I flew back.  Local wine helped.  I'm not ashamed to say I prayed, alot.  Somehow, even though she wasn't conscious, I knew she was alive and that kept me going.

It get's worse.  I dyed my hair.  In my defense - I thought she would die!

And she didn't though, but my hair has died a thousand deaths since.



2 comments:

  1. One such treatment is using hair colors and dyes. But some of these treatments are harsh on hair and you might want to choose for other Natural Remedies for Gray Hair Treatment. Here’s how to get rid of grey hair naturally and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like coffee tea is a Natural Treatment for Gray Hair, black tea can help you go darker, and can also help cover gray hairs. If you have lighter hair, however, there are other types of tea you can use. Chamomile, for instance, is suggested for blondes, while rooibos may work for redheads.

    ReplyDelete